CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Words Of The Day

Look For It

Custom Search

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Poetic Thoughts

I LOVE POEMS!

Here's a collection of poem that I simply love..

I Carry Your Heart With Me
Edward Estlin Cummings

i carry your heart with me
i carry it in my heart
i am never without it
anywhere i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing,my darling
i fear no fate
for you are my fate,my sweet
i want no world
for beautiful you are my world,my true
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;
which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart
i carry it in my heart

**I heard this when Cameron Diaz is reading it for her sister's wedding in the movie "In Her Shoes". I instantly fell in love with it!

It May Not Always Be So
Edward Estlin Cummings

it may not always be so;
and i say that if your lips, which i have loved,
should touch another's,
and your dear strong fingers clutch his heart,
as mine in time not far away;
if on another's face your sweet hair lay in such a silence as i know,
or such great writhing words as, uttering overmuch,stand helplessly before the spirit at bay;
if this should be, i say if this should be --you of my heart, send me a little word;
that i may go unto him, and take his hands,
saying, Accept all happiness from me.
Then shall i turn my face,
and hear one bird sing terribly afar in the lost lands.


Maggie And Milly And Molly And May
Edward Estlin Cummings

maggie and milly and molly and may
went down to the beach (to play one day)
and maggie discovered a shell that sang so sweetly
she couldn’t remember her troubles,
and milly befriended a stranded star
whose rays five languid fingers were;
and molly was chased by a horrible thing
which raced sideways while blowing bubbles:
and may came home with a smooth round stone as small as a world and as large as alone.
For whatever we lose(like a you or a me)
it’s always ourselves we find in the sea

ONE ART
Elizabeth Bishop

The art of losing isn't hard to master;
so many things seem filled with the intent to be lost that their loss is not disaster.
Lose something every day.
Accept the fluster of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.
Then practice losing farther, losing faster:places, and names,
and where it was you meant to travel.
None of these will bring disaster.
I lost my mother's watch.
And look! my last, or next-to-last, of three loved homes went.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.
I lost two cities, lovely ones.
And, vaster,some realms I owned, two rivers, a continent.
I miss them, but it wasn't a disaster.
--Even losing you (the joking voice, a gestureI love) I shan't have lied.
It's evident the art of losing's not too hard to master
though it make look like (Write it!) a disaster.

** I heard this too in the movie "In Her Shoes" where the good old professor teach Cameron Diaz how to read as she's dyslexic. This poem is very meaningful.


If
Edward Estlin Cummings

If freckles were lovely, and day was night,
And measles were nice and a lie warn't a lie,
Life would be delight,-But things couldn't go right
For in such a sad plight
I wouldn't be I.
If earth was heaven, and now was hence,
And past was present, and false was true,
There might be some sense
But I'd be in suspense
For on such a pretense
You wouldn't be you.
If fear was plucky, and globes were square,
And dirt was cleanly and tears were glee
Things would seem fair,-Yet they'd all despair,
For if here was there
We wouldn't be we.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

nasib baik kak fizah quote.. jgn jadi mcm natasha hudson itu, bulat2 sama leh ckp dia yg buat.. gile bran..